The Jazak Monastery is established at the end of the 15th century by Despot Jovan Brankovic on the southern slopes of Fruska Gora Mountain, to be deserted during the reign of Maria Theresa in the second half of the 18th century. The new /present day/ Monastery was constructed between the 1736 and 1758, while its tall baroque monumental three-floor bell-tower was added in 1803 beside the church to make a strong contrast with the Serbian medieval architecture. The church of Jazak Monastery was built of layers of red bricks and white lime stone. The frescoes of Jazak Monastery were painted in two periods, in 1761 and 1892 which thus probably make it the most beautiful monastery on Fruska Gora Mountain.
The rich iconostasis of Jazak Monastery was completed by baroque painter Dimitrije Bacevic in a mixture of traditional post-Byzantine painting and the new tendencies coming from the West. The iconostasis contains total of 58 icons divided into five zones and was painted in baroque style, so that landscapes distinguish themselves as background of painted figures. The three upper rows of icons depict 12 prophets, life of Jesus Christ in 12 scenes and 12 apostles. In the central part are four throne icons depicting the King Uroš, The Holy Theotokos, Jesus Christ and Holy Trinity. The Annunciation is painted on the royal doors. The holy relics of the Serbian King Uros, the last Serbian King and member of Nemanjić Family, were brought to the Jazak Monastery from Nerodimlje in Kosovo in 1706 and made it well known throughout the history of Serbia.