Beočin Monastery is located on the southern slopes of Fruška Gora Mountain. There are no exact data on time of foundation and the founder of Beočin Monastery. There are only the folk legend and the epic tradition which connect foundation of the Beočin Monastery with the time of King Dragutin rule. The tradition also says that the shrine has been later successfully reconstructed by monks of Rača Monastery who accomplished good task, which resulted in the beauty and whiteness of the Monastery /”white-beo”, that is how the name comes/. Beocin Monastery was first mentioned in Turkish archives from 1566 as Novoselo Monastery beside Beocin. Beocin Monastery was probably destroyed and deserted during the Austrian-Turkish War in the 17th century, that made Patriarch Arsenije Carnojevic III to order its reconstruction to the monks of the Raca Monastery. A tiny wooden church has been first built. Later an one-nave large church with eight-sided dome and three-floor bell tower have been built /that exist nowadays/. The church of the Beočin Monastery features eight-sided dome, rectangular choirs and narthex, naos and the altar apse. The older part of the church has been built in traditional Byzantine style, with some certain Gothic elements and features. During the 18th century the Monastery Hospice-Dormitory has been built, which surround the church from its western and southern sides. Baroque porch with arcades was added in 1762, the three-store belfry along the western side of the church, while the portal entrance to the church date from 1787. Saint Bishop Varnava – the Bishop of Hvosno and dedicated defender and apologist of Orthodoxy is buried in the Church of Beocin Monastery.
There is the beautiful and large park around the Beocin Monastery, which has been established by the French gardeners, who imitated the Versailles Park in Paris and had brought extraordinary vegetation and built a nice pool with the fountain here. The small chapel has been built in 1905 according to plans of architect Vladimir Nikolic, featuring an iconostasis adorned with seven icons. Beocin Monastery is dedicated to the Christ Ascension. The famous poet Jovan Grcic Milenko died young in Beocin Monastery in 1875 and is buried in the close proximity of the Beočin Monastery. The rich treasury of the Beocin Monastery was looted during the Second WW, but still keeps the Holy miracle-worker Icon of the Holy Virgin of Beocin, highly respected by numerous pilgrimages. Nuns live in the Beocin Monastery and take care about this shrine, striving to turn their monastic lives into victory, and beauty of the convent commonalty, regardless their obligations and various temptations, which they consider victory of devotion, rather than their own victory.